A few days ago, my husband and I decided to try Dr. Oz’s detox plan (found here: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet). It is basically 3 days of smoothies that include tons of fruits, vegetables and healthy fats to get things moving! “Spring cleaning” as we call it. After the third day, you really want to have some solid food but persevere because you feel amazing after completing it! Here are some tips to help you through:
- The lunch smoothie is by far the worst; try adding a whole apple and don’t add the lime peel, just the flesh and juice!
- The dinner drink includes cayenne pepper which, we realized on the first day, makes it pretty spicy. Solution! Dilute just the cayenne with water, have that as a “shot,” then enjoy the smoothie sans cayenne. Your tastebuds will thank you!
- Don’t skip the detox bath! It is an important component of the detoxification process.
- After the detox bath, rub down your body with a loofah; it helps to stimulate the lymphatic system which aids in releasing toxins.
- Drink a ton of water all day long and make sure to have a couple glasses after your detox bath or you will likely feel sick
So, if you are looking to start off Spring with a bang, try it out! Let me know how it went for you and what changes you made, if any!